By Healthweb | July 10, 2014
What are the benefits of receiving massage?
Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with easing labour pain for expectant mothers.
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow-the body’s natural defence system.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ-the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
Type of Massage available are:
Remedial Massage – A firm pressure massage which helps with muscular pain, restricted range of movement, soft tissue problems and general well being.
Deep Tissue Massage – Focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. Helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff neck, lower back tightness and sore shoulders.
Sports Massage – Specifically tailored to heal injuries or prevent injuries from occurring before the activity.
Swedish Massage – A whole body treatment that uses pressure, stroking and rubbing of your skin to help you relax.
Pregnancy Massage – While a woman is pregnant her body undergoes numerous changes physically as well as physiologically and spiritually. The physical changes can cause stress and or discomfort to the mother. Massage is a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, as well as promotes a sense of well being.
Please call you Physiotherapist at Physiotherapy for Women on 08 8443 3355 we are happy to answer any of your queries.