By Adelaide Women's Physio | September 19, 2016
Stretching the ITB is slightly different from stretching other muscles, as the ITB is a thick, fibrous band rather than an elastic muscle.
1. Stand upright and cross your right leg behind your left.
2. Lean slightly forwards and to your left side until you feel a stretch on the outside of your right leg. Adjust your position slightly to feel the stretch
3. Lean on a chair/wall if needed. Hold for 20-30 secs.
4. Repeat 3 times
5. Change legs, cross your left leg behind your right. Hold for 20-30 secs
6. Repeat 3 times.
7. Stretch twice daily, before and after exercise.